ABB Ionity chargers

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• ABB Ionity chargers

Hi,

Apologies in advance, because my German is too terrible for me to write in. Your forum seems to be the biggest e-golf community out there, though.

I reached out to Ionity about the ABB charger issues a while ago and just received the following reply:

"Thanks for reaching out to us!

The eGolf did have problems that have been resolved. You should therefore be able to charge at all our sites.

In more detail:
      The eGolf is having a configuration that is causing problems that indeed resulted in not being able to charge at chargers from ABB that are being used by Fastned and about half of our locations. We have found a solution with ABB to succesfully charge an eGolf at these sites. This has been implemented in autumn at all ABB sites.
      The sites that are equipped with our other charger supplier have never experienced this problem.

Have a great day!
      The IONITY team"

I was wondering if any of you can confirm this. We do not have Ionity stations in the Netherlands yet for me to test on. It would be nice to know they work throughout the EU though.

Fastned chargers still do not seem to work, I've reached out to them by forwarding them the above email.

Danke ;)
    • Fastned don't want to update the chargers to be compatible with e-golf and some other cars. The opinion of Fastned seems to keep "slow" charging cars away from the HPC chargers.
      You can read some more about this at GoingElectric.
      The official statement is: support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/ar…olkswagen-e-Golf-or-e-up-

With Ionity I don't have any issues in the last half year, still Fastned is not working.
      e-Golf MJ15 ab 16.02.15
      e-Golf MJ18 ab 22.01.18
      e-Golf MJ18 ab 02.03.18
      e-Tron MJ20 ab 14.05.21

26kW PV+15kWh Speicher

Jetzt Smart Strom verbrauchen!
    • Every three weeks I drive around 206 km to our main office, which has a Fastned station about halfway there, perfect for me to get the extra range I need, usually.

However, this station has one 50kW and one 175kW charger. Which limits the available chargers for e-golfs to exactly 1... Numerous times now I've had to tell other drivers that the other charger is not going to work and they (thankfully not me yet) have to wait for me to finish.

If what you say is true and they are doing this intentionally that seems a bit strange to me because

A: other "50kW only" cars have no issues charging on the 175kW

And B: they keep communicating this as "charging issues", this doesn't really make them look good if they intentionally keep it this way.

I would imagine they could make it so that when the 50kW charger is taken the 175kW becomes available for anyone to use, that would solve their problem.

Thanks for confirming that the Ionity chargers have no issues!
    • noyouh schrieb:

Thanks for confirming that the Ionity chargers have no issues!
      I recently charged at an 350kW ABB station of Ionity in Angath, Austria and can also confirm it works without any problems. Average charging performance was slighly below 40kW, peak performance certainly >40kW. Also the Ionity Tritium stations in 175kW and 350kW configurations worked flawlessly with our e-Golf. Hope it helps!
      e-Golf 300 seit 01/2019, zuhause an wallbe Eco 2.0 11kW