MIB1 to MIB2 Conversion/long coding adaptions with OBDeleven E-golf 2014

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• MIB1 to MIB2 Conversion/long coding adaptions with OBDeleven E-golf 2014

Good day people,

First off all, If nobody minds, I am asking questions which members will tell me: "search the forum!!" But I can only translate and not search on this forum because I do not understand your language good enough.
      (I had German on my school but, as you can see now, was doing other things.:)

I want to know if there is a thread which helps me with long coding the MIB1 to MIB2 with OBD Eleven. It's module 5F off course but I need to know which things I need to change and which things not.

Somebody here who knows or is there a thread where it is explained?

E-Golf 2014 85Kw

Thanks!

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
    • I liked the MIB1 movie much more than the MIB2.
      Ok, just kidding... ;)

Here is link to a german forum (you may use Google Translate) where the user is describing what he did, but he could not do it alone. He needed some guys from Poland to hack/recode his new headunit.
      I think its almost Mission Impossible to get a proper recode from MIB1 to MIB2. And for what benefits? Just to have use Android Auto or Apple Carplay?

goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35570
      Viele Grüße, Olli.

e-Golf 300 (EZ 09/2018)
      Model 3 LR+ (EZ 03/2022)
    • allright, thanks for your reply.
      I already have a mib2 which is functioning, except it needs some changes because it’s set to a golf gti. So I can not set my driving modes and I have the wrong info like think blue trainer which I do not need.
      And yes, it is all because of carplay :)

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

I now have Carplay and driving modes working. Great!!

Does anybody knows the adaptions I have to make to get Emanager working again in mib2 and see my charge rate en energy flow in the mib2?

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

Crunch81 schrieb:

I now have Carplay and driving modes working. Great!!

Does anybody knows the adaptions I have to make to get Emanager working again in mib2 and see my charge rate en energy flow in the mib2?

Everything sorted and working!

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

• Hello Olli,

I have found a thread which explained every step in the process to replace MIB 1 to MIB 2.
      You can find it here:

golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?t…conversion-part-1.343701/

I spend €650 for the MIB2 unit, replaced it myself.
      The unit was not for a E-Golf, but was originally placed in a gasoline car.
      What I did to make Carplay work is to change the Long Coding with ODBeleven in the 5F infotainment module. It has to be on USB_Full_IPOD
      Apart from that you also need a other USB plug in your car which can activate Carplay:

vag-navisystems.com/volkswagen…ect-mirrorlink/2350??en=1

About the right menu's and charge options: I made screenshots from the settings in my old MIB1 unit and compare it to the settings in the MIB2 and changed all the things which were different.

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland