Carnet Online Module 3G or 4G OCU J949

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Carnet Online Module 3G or 4G OCU J949

Good day People,

I have a J949 OCU unit in my car which communicates with WeConnect (Carnet)
      2G and 3G Bands are being shutdown.
      I want to know:

1.If I have a 3G or 4G module in my car and how I can check this?
      2.If I can swap a OCU module with 4G In my car?
      3.If I need another module, Which to I need? Can anybody tell me which VW article number I need?

I guess this is one of those questions were very few people know an answer to but I do not know another way to find out.
      The questions are way to hard for the dealer, believe me.

Thanks for replys in advance!!
      Greetings Crunch

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
    • Thanks for you reply.
      I have checked Etka and can confirm that all modules fits the Golf 7 until 2020.
      There are only other suffix with the partnumber.

5qe035284
      5qe035284A
      5qe035284B
      5qe035284C

It is almost impossible that vw are selling e-golf vehicles from 2020 with a OCU that will be shutdown at the end of the year because of the 3G/2G shutdown or am I missing something?
      Do you think that it will only work on 2G?

I read somewhere on a forum that someone had a 4G capable OCU but cannot seem to find it anymore.

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
    • Thanks for your reply!

I agree that they have to find a solution, but I can tell you that it is not going to happen. Otherwise they have to replace a lot of modules which costs a lot of money. Personally I have very bad experiences with VW dealers. They wouldn’t even pay for the part only when I had to replace my shifter with the implausable lever lock P-position switch, a fault which strikes thousands of Golf 7 cars.

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

• Hi guys, okay, I verified I got a LTE module in my car.

My eGolf was delivered in 02/2018, so it is a 2018 model with the new Discover Pro without knobs.

I also ordered the telephone interface "Business", which allows me to insert my own SIM Card for data and telephone connections in addition to the possibility to connect my handheld via Bluetooth.

So - I'm using my own Telekom Deutschland SIM Card for all connections. And - those connections are definitely via LTE. See the photos.

Of course it is possible only the cars with telephone interface "Business" get an LTE module.

The current eGolf price lists (and the old ones) are quite confusing, because it mentions only 2G/3G modules.

@Crunch81: If the netherlands mobile operators shut down 2G and 3G you could try to connect your car to your mobile phone by using the WLAN connection of the Discover Pro. It works, I checked with my home WLAN network.

Thomas

e-Golf seit 02/18 (ging 02/22 zurück)
      Leihwagen von Audi VW ID.4 1st (10.000 km von 05/22 bis 27.09.22 inkl. Norwegen Urlaub)
      Audi Q4 40 etron ab 27.09.22 (eigentlich ab 02/22 geplant)
      Ex Telekom GET CHARGE Macher

Instagram:
      tofi.lectric (nur E-Mobility Kram)
      tofi.tf (schöne Bilder :) )
      Youtube:
      youtube.com/@tofilectric
    • ToFi schrieb:

Hi guys, okay, I verified I got a LTE module in my car.

My eGolf was delivered in 02/2018, so it is a 2018 model with the new Discover Pro without knobs.

I also ordered the telephone interface "Business", which allows me to insert my own SIM Card for data and telephone connections in addition to the possibility to connect my handheld via Bluetooth.

So - I'm using my own Telekom Deutschland SIM Card for all connections. And - those connections are definitely via LTE. See the photos.

Of course it is possible only the cars with telephone interface "Business" get an LTE module.

The current eGolf price lists (and the old ones) are quite confusing, because it mentions only 2G/3G modules.

@Crunch81: If the netherlands mobile operators shut down 2G and 3G you could try to connect your car to your mobile phone by using the WLAN connection of the Discover Pro. It works, I checked with my home WLAN network.

The LTE connection of the business FSE is not used for communication to the car-net server. It is only used for the additional connectivity (traffic, weather, etc.)
      Grüße,
      Tobias

e-Golf MJ 2018 bestellt am 29.9.2017, Abholung in DD KW 3/2018 31.1.18;
      BAFA Zusage am 20.1.2018, BAFA Stufe 2 26.1.2018, BAFA Auszahlung 5.2.2018;
      Konfiguration: VDRWLSAH
    • Unfortunately, I fear that the "LTE" - icon in your case only applies to VW's "guide & inform services" (map updates, traffic information etc). Insofar, a good replacement for those without the telephone interface "business", is a LTE Wingle stick with wi-fi-connection to guide & inform.

VW's "security & service" on the other hand provides access to remote services such as charge management, car status Information and car alarm messaging. This service is completely independent of the presence of a telephone interface business and any LTE SIM whatsoever as it has its own cellular module with its own e-SIM. And this additional module is not LTE but 2G/3G only, I believe :(
      e-Golf seit 03/2020
    • Okay, I checked the again: You might be right - if I remove the SIM I get no Guide&Inform connection whatsoever. But the connection to the car via app works of course.

So we need someone who really knows the detail specification of the probably two modules for the car connections. The module for the Business interface is LTE enabled, and the module for the car - Car-Net basics connection is……?????

?(

Which leads to the next question: The SOS/Info button function has the same module as Car-Net or something else? And what network is used, 2G, 3G,....?
      Thomas

e-Golf seit 02/18 (ging 02/22 zurück)
      Leihwagen von Audi VW ID.4 1st (10.000 km von 05/22 bis 27.09.22 inkl. Norwegen Urlaub)
      Audi Q4 40 etron ab 27.09.22 (eigentlich ab 02/22 geplant)
      Ex Telekom GET CHARGE Macher

Instagram:
      tofi.lectric (nur E-Mobility Kram)
      tofi.tf (schöne Bilder :) )
      Youtube:
      youtube.com/@tofilectric
    • ToFi schrieb:

Okay, I checked the again: You might be right - if I remove the SIM I get no Guide&Inform connection whatsoever. But the connection to the car via app works of course.

So we need someone who really knows the detail specification of the probably two modules for the car connections. The module for the Business interface is LTE enabled, and the module for the car - Car-Net basics connection is……?????

?(

Which leads to the next question: The SOS/Info button function has the same module as Car-Net or something else? And what network is used, 2G, 3G,....?
      Hi,

Both tstr and Mick are right. It's a independend module J949 which also handles SOS calls.

Here are the article codes used from 2014 till 2019:

5qe035284
      5qe035284A
      5qe035284B
      5qe035284C

It looks like there all the same, except 5qe035284, the difference is this:
      5qe035284 says "Novero Ht-6
      All other modules says "Novero HT-6 and HT-e

I can only find PDF info for the HT-6 module:
      manual HT-6

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland

• Follow Up:

I have send Laird multiple Emails, they never replied.
      Also contacted VW Multiple times, I have send 11 Emails and it took me almost two months to get an answer, it was a total joke.

The long email translated to a short answer is that Our cars are communicating throuhg the Vodafone mobile Network and that 3G is being shutdown.
      But there are way to many machines communicating on 2G mobile network, not only cars but different machines used in all kinds of industries so that Vodafone will not shutdown 2G mobile network.

So, we do not need to worry about that..

2014 E-Golf 85 Kw
      From Holland